Sunday, October 22, 2017

Dinner from Tidal Poke in Jersey City, NJ

Our fav poke place in Jersey City opened up a second branch on Grove St. The other one in Harborside Exchange is technically a pop-up, so the one new on Grove is a real sit-down, brick and mortar store.  I spoke to one of the owners who super nice and shared my life of poke from our trip to Maui.  I realized that this branch of Tidal Poke actually does poke by weight, which is what we always did in Hawaii and LOVED.  They have less variety than the place we went to in Hawaii obviously but was still wonderful and got to eat with my cassava (closest to taro that I could find) chips and white rice.  It was also cheaper and more fish than ordering a bowl, so a great option.
Just the fish plus cassava chips

My two pokes plus white rice and cucumbers and cassava chip.  Just like we'd eat in Maui

Hawaiian style - ahi tuna, shoyu, sea salt, sesame, scallion, sweet onion, chili, macadamia nut

Spicy Salmon - salmon, sriracha aioli, masago, scallion, sweet onion, ginger.  SO GOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment