Monday, June 17, 2019

Dinner at Tim Ho Wan in NYC

Kavita and I went to the second outpost of Tim Ho Wan in NYC in midtown.  Somehow we only waited five minutes, which was amazing.  The dim sum was great, but I'm surprised it reached Michelin level.  The service was good but not incredible, and I've had some more memorable dim sum dishes in C-town.  A solid spot but not sure of the hype other than you can't get michelin food this cheap.
Menu placemat

These pork buns were prob my fav part of the meal

Inside of the pork bun.  Great mix of sweet and savory and the dough was almost empanada-like

Har Gow (steamped shrimp dumpling) - always my second fav dim sum

Steamed Rice Roll with shrimp and chinese chivess

Inside of the steamed rice roll


Pork and Shrimp Siu Mai - my fav dim sum always.  Really good but not the best of my life
Pan fried noodles - not my fav.  Kind of bland and I didn''t love the texture

Steamed beef balls with bean curd skin.  Again didn't love this.  Didn't like the texture and the meat itself was just ok 

No comments:

Post a Comment