Monday, March 10, 2014

Brunch at Candle Cafe in NYC

Sometimes the best thing in life are unplanned, though I rarely say that.  Ended up having brunch with Greg, Tyler, and Risheen on the UES at Candle Cafe - a VEGAN restaurant of all places.  All I can say is that the food was actually pretty tasty and filling and I was a good sport haha.  It was pretty pricy for brunch though. I guess vegan places can do that.

Nuevos Rancheros - spicy tempeh potato hash, corn tortilla, guacamole, tofu sour cream and tomatillo salsa

Cajun Seitan Sandwich - cajun crusted seitan, steamed greens, caramelized onions, avocado, on toasted foccacia with ancho chili aioli and fries.  The seitan actually tasted like crispy chicken and everything on the sandwich was delicious.  I think avocado honestly makes everything better and acts as a great meat distracter ha

No comments:

Post a Comment