Sunday, March 23, 2014

Dessert at Il Laboratorio del Gelato in NYC

Following brunch we decided to take a walk around since it was nice out and the first weekend in Spring.  We wanted something sweet and thought of getting ice cream, but I realized how close we were to Il Laboratorio so got gelato instead.  You can try up to two flavors for free, so I decided to try the pistachio, my usual go-to flavor, because I was mildly confused as to why the gelato was a brown color instead of white or green.  It was definitely nutty tasting but the color threw me off and I couldn't do it.  Instead I got avocado and toasted almond.  The avocado wasn't avocado-y enough for me; filipino ice cream has spoiled me.  But the toasted almond was AMAZING and I wish I had just gotten a whole bowl of that haha.  Dan got vanilla chocolate chip and salted caramel.  Both were awesome. 
(L to R) avocado, toasted almond, vanilla chocolate chip, and salted caramel gelato

No comments:

Post a Comment