Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Dinner at Wurstbar in Jersey City, NJ

Dan and I went to Wurstbar and I was soooo happy to discover they had thanksgiving specials!  Everything we had was incredible.  My plan was to come back again that month but I never made it :(  They always have awesome specials and it's one of the cheaper meals in the area because they have great, inexpensive ciders so don't have to get a $15 drink.  One of my top 5 spots for a reason!
Monthly specials

Love their cider options

The Leftovers - duck sausage, gravy, stuffing, cranberry, walnuts and sage.  You could actually taste everything and it was perfectly balanced, and the duck sausage was so unique and tasty

Chicken Pot Pie Poutine - Haus cut fries, cheese curds, chicken pot pie gravy, peas and carrots, shredded chicken and baked puff pastry.  INSANELY GOOD  

It's hard to say which was better.  If push came to shove, I'd say I would order the Leftovers again as it's more manageable and tasted more complex, but the pot pie poutine is also a must-order

Looking at this now makes me sad because I just want this whole meal all over again

No comments:

Post a Comment