Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lunch at Cracker Barrel in Sanford, NC

I have never been to Cracker Barrel before.  I feel like I've seen it many times on road trips but just never had the opportunity to go to one.  The store itself is super cute.  Had we more time and no children around, I would've liked to go shopping.  The walls are decorated with super cute old advertisements and other fun things.  Though it's a chain I really like all the local stuff they had as decor.  The food was also very home-y and Southern.  Cheap too.  I think my entire plate was under $10.  I got a platter of pulled bbq pork with two sides - sweet baby carrots and dumplings.  Plus they gave us a big basket of biscuits and cornbread.  The pork was good though not very hot.  Had nice flavor and wasn't too heavy.  The carrots were a nice light compliment.  I forgot to take a pic of the dumplings, but basically they're Bisquik but made into almost gnocci-like blobs.  Personally I thought they lacked flavor and had a paste-like consistency.  Apparently it's a popular thing in the South that I just don't get.  Kind of like grits.  But I won't even go there haha

Yummy pulled pork with baby carrots.  Boo unnecessary and unrequested pickles

YUMMY CARBATTACK

No comments:

Post a Comment