Sunday, November 3, 2013

Lunch at Seabra's Marisqueria in Newark, NJ

Took the 'rents to Seabras for some seafood and I think they were finally impressed with a Newark-area restaurant haha.  The reviews of this place are obvi great and I have been before, but I'm glad they enjoyed the seafood.  As usual, the portions were GIGANTIC and we only got three entrees and an appetizer.  Could've done with two entrees but lots of leftovers.  Nice to not be eating meat meat but still have our protein.  Everything was well prepared and clearly fresh.  My fav was definitely the octopus appetizer.  The only negative is they definitely raised their prices as the octopus was $12 and on the website says $8.50.  But as I said, the portions were huge so I guess it evens out.  Even the appetizer was too much for four people! 

Octopus in a vinaigrette sauce - huge meaty pieces of octopus that were so tender.  Steamed and covered in parsley, onions, and vinaigrette.  While I didn't eat the onions, they added a nice taste and the octopus iteself was perfect.  It was very filling though and that place doesn't do justice to how big it was.

Paella Valenciana with lobster, clams, mussels, scallops, shrimp, chicken, pork, and susage.  Crazy large

Bacalao! Portuguese codfish grilled with olive oil, garlic,
eggs, and onions.  Great flavors and nice crispy texture to the fish

My dad's order of grilled tuna - four huge pieces for $18

Tartufo - my mom and I mistakenly each ordered a dessert.  Bad move consdiering how giant they were

My vanilla nut log.  YUP.

No comments:

Post a Comment