Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Brunch at Hard Grove Restaurant in Jersey City, NJ

Had a book club brunch at the new Hard Grove.  I think the ownership is different.  The location is a bit further, but the service was a lot better than I remember it being.  They also had a great $15 all you can drink deal on the mimosas.  The waitress def kept the booze coming and let us go past two hours.  The food was also delicious and very cheap.  Would love to come back for dinner since there are many great looking options on their menu.
Mimosas and bloody mary

My ropa vieja and eggs - two eggs over easy, ropa vieja under, rice and beans

Breakfast burrito - whipped eggs, avocado, black beans, rice, queso fresco and salsa verde

Cuban sandwich - Ham, Cuban style pork, swiss cheese, pickle, mustard & garlic mojo sauce on hot pressed Cuban bread with plantain chips.  This looked super good as well and I love me some cuban bread.  And plantain chips!

My ropa vieja underneath.  So much meat.  Super tasty and i had enough for leftovers.  Meat was tender and not too salty

No comments:

Post a Comment