Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Lunch at Tin Roof in Maui, HI

Not too long after our delicious breakfast, Dan and I went to Tin Roof for lunch.  It's owned by Sheldon from Top Chef.  We went on the later side of lunch so managed to get a seat inside, which I didn't think we would because the place was small.  We were a little aggressive in our ordering, and as a result had a lot leftover, which we weren't able to bring on the plane.  I'm glad we tried it but think we weren't hungry enough to fully enjoy the dishes since everything was so rich.  Definitely a fun place with serious comfort food, and fun hip hop music playing while you eat.
I don't know why I got two mac salads.  It was good, but not necessary with all the other food

Poke bowl of the day.  Definitely had ahi . The sauce was creamy and rich though, adding to the general heaviness of the meal
Mochiki chicken.  This time the traditional kind meaning dime fried.  Chicken thighs marinated overnight in ginger sake shoyu, covered in a sweet mochiko batter, then fried twice, topped with housemade su-miso sauce & gochujang aioli, & mochi crunch dime bag mix.


I upgraded by adding a 6 min egg (+$1).  Good, but again, not necessary.  The yolk obviously made it even richer

Also upgraded by having garlic noodles (+$4) instead of white rice.  Again, good, but not necessary as added extra richness from the oiliness of the noodles.  I think I just ordered badly because everything I got was so rich it was hard to fully enjoy things

No comments:

Post a Comment