Friday, May 11, 2012

Dinner at Beauty and Essex in NYC

After going to The Stanton Social I was even more excited to go to Beauty and Essex, also owned by Chris Santos, because the B&E menu looked even more innovative and whimsical.  Unfortunately the food was not as good as SS and frankly, not that memorable compared to every other restaurant I've gone to.  I'm not sure why because most of what we'd ordered has gotten rave reviews by other people, but to me (and Dan I think) they didn't stand out.  Bonus: free champagne in the ladies' room haha.
Free amuse bouche.  Some beet-y thing on top of an Indian-style chip

ODB - Old Dirty Bramble.  Very strong with quality tequila

Grilled Cheese, Smoked Bacon & Tomato Soup Dumplings - definitely my favorite part of this meal

Chipotle Shrimp - nice spice and the salsa was good

Oven Braised Chicken Meatballs with sheeps milk ricotta, wild mushroom, and truffle - I wanted to LOVE this (as many yelpers claim to) but the meatballs were not seasoned enough and the sauce was too creamy :(

Lobster Tacos with red cabbage slaw and jalapeno crema - good but probably wouldn't crave this in the future

Another shot of the lobster tacos

Beauty and Essex Burger (mix of lamb, veal and beef I think) with crispy BBQ fries - the burger just FELL APART :( So crumbly that you couldn't even hold the burger.  I had to eat it with a knife and fork but everything was all mushy from the feta and aioli that it was a sloppy, wet mess.  The BBQ fries were amazing though.  Just get that on its own.

Box of doughnuts - half raspberry filled, half chocolate filled.  Of course I loved the chocolate.  The raspberry was just like a nicer version of munchkins ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment