Monday, August 13, 2012

Dinner at Au Pied de Cochon in Montreal, QC

BEST MEAL IN MONTREAL.  We were so excited to go to Au Pied de Cochon (English translation: With a Pig's Foot) after watching Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations in Quebec.  Unfortunately we were unable to make a reservation since we had no cell phone ability so just decided to hope for the best and show up when the restaurant opened at 5pm.  Thank goodness we were able to get seated.  An expensive meal but definitely memorable and one of the best I have EVER had.  And apparently the owner/executive chef was there when we arrived, but I missed him :(

Fresh baked baguettes. So warm and tasty but I had to limit myself so I wouldn't get too full

Plogue a Champlain - one of the best things I've EVER eaten.  A buckwheat pancake, fried egg, cheese, bacon, and foie gras on top.  So rich and tasty.  Could've just eaten that and been very satisfied

Foie Gras Cromesquis - deep fried foie gras.  Ridic good but potentially dangerous. You have to wait a minute for it to cool then eat in one bite.  It still squeezed out juices though :/

My cider. So refreshing

Happy Pork Chop - this monster was covered in mushrooms, caramelized onions and gravy

Giant Beef Rib - possibly of a dinosaur?  The roasted veggies were soo delish, having absorbed all the meat juices.  Also there were beets, my fav!

Fries cooked in duck fat.  OMG.  Also with some amazing sauce I forgot to take a pic of.  I think hollandaise?



No comments:

Post a Comment