Sunday, March 1, 2015

Dinner at Talde in Jersey City, NJShrimp Shum

Dan and I finally went to Talde in Jersey City.  Thankfully they are now on Open Table so we were able to make a reservation.  Not only was the entire meal incredible, but I finally met, spoke, and took pictures with Chef Dale!  Everything we had was delicious but there were still so many more things on the menu that I wanted to try.  Definitely recommend this place.  I can't wait until they start serving brunch on the weekends too.
San Miguel Dark and Navy Grog - el dorado rum, honey syrup, lime and grapefruit juices.  The San Mig was smooth especially considering how dark it was.  The grog was also delicious and STRONG

Pretzel pork and chive dumplings with spicy mustard  - my FAV dish of the night.  The dough was perfectly fried and def tasted like a pretzel especially with the salt.  The pork was juicy and tender inside.  The mustard was a nice touch

McBao - char siu boneless ribs and pickles.  Very well done.  One of the top pork bun sandwiches I've had

Shrimp Shumai - old bay, corn, and chinese sausage.  The shumai themselves were well made and the shrimp tasted very fresh and were large.  The topping was so unique with it too.  Dan liked this one a LOT

Blue Crab Fried Rice with tobiko and jalapeno aioli.  This was amazing.  There was a ton of crab and the rice had nice crunch.  Second fav dish

Beef Short Rib with tamarind glaze, pumpkin redang, apples and basil.  The short rib itself was super tender but not a large portion. The squash was also ridic spicy to me.

Another shot of the short rib

Kung Pao Chicken Wings with peanuts and housemade buttermilk ranch.  This was wayyy too spicy for me to enjoy.  Everyone around me seemed to love it though.  I guess I'm just a wimp

Mango Pie - like the fruit pies at Jollibee.  Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment