Sunday, September 8, 2019

Pizza smackdown in Portland, ME - Belleville v. Slab

This is actually no contest, and maybe it's kind of mean to even do this, but I read about this new cafe Belleville, which was right near where we were staying in Portland.  Dan and I stopped in one afternoon for an afternoon snack.  The pizza was no good.  Crust was nice, but sauce and cheese were ehhh.  The other baked goods looked decent, but after the bad pizza, I couldn't venture and try something else.  On our last day, we stopped by Slab and I picked up a pepperoni slice to go.  Because I couldn't leave Portland without one.
Margherita slice from Belleville

just not good.  You can tell by looking at this

Thank god for Slab pizza.  This was once slice.  Not sure if you can truly comprehend how large this is, but we ate it over multiple hours in the car 


No comments:

Post a Comment