Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dinner at Mono + Mono in NYC

Risheen and I went to Mono + Mono for her first Korean fried chicken experience.  Overall the meal was pretty good and we had a LOT of food and drink for not too much money.  We spent $45 each with tax and tip and got two soju flights, one beer, one order of potato wedges, two orders of corn on the cob, order of pancakes, and medium order of chicken.  Wow now that I list it I feel a little gross haha.  But actually I didn't leave feeling disgusting like I have before.  The chicken was nice and crisp.  I don't think it was as good as Bon Chon, and I really wanted to find something better.  Not because I don't love Bon Chon, which I do, but I just wanted to try something new but I guess this goes to show I just love BC so much ha.  Also, we got half and half chicken, and the spicy was WAY TOO HOT.  Like my tongue hurt after the first wing but we had so many more to go ha.  I legit think that those of you who claim to love spice might find it too spicy.  But maybe I'm just a wuss haha.  Overall though a great time.  They have an awesome happy hour deal that I'd love to take advantage of you but the times aren't so great with work, plus you need a group of four.  So I'll plan but need some company :)

Jeon with shitake mushroom and marinated beef.  This was NOT the pancake we envisioned.  We thought it would be more like a scallion pancake - you know, doughy.  Instead it was basically like a flat meatball haha.  Not that that's necessarily bad, but I was hoping for more carbs.

Soju Cocktail Sampler Special - all really nice, mild, and sweet.  (L to R) Pink lychee, passion mint, snow white yogurt, and bloody tangerine

Infused Soju Sampler Special - (L to R) Apple, Blueberry, Grapefruit, and Pomegranate.  Much strongerrr than my sampler ha

Medium size order of chicken - half soy garlic and half SPICY.  Plus radish.  Thank god for the radish.  Slight calm after the spice attack.

BEST PART OF MY MEAL!  Grilled corn-on-the-cob with cotija cheese and paprika.  SO GOOD.  I would come back just for this

No comments:

Post a Comment