Monday, November 26, 2012

Home-made Thanksgiving pies!

As usual I made multiple pecan pies - both regular and mini versions.  Every year I think I'm trying to gain more and more supporters of my pecan pie ha.  Also I wanted to try to make coconut custard pie since I couldn't find Entemanns version.  That may seem sacreligious, but I swear their coconut custard pie is better than ANY other fancy ones I've tried.  Mine came close in taste, but I need to work on making the custard itself more smooth/velvet-y.  My dad did comment that if someone like Trader Joes or Whole Foods sold this pie, they'd probably get a lot of buyers because it seems more authentic/home-y.  I'll take that as a compliment ha.

Full version of my coconut custard pie

One slice gone

Delish though looks very...liquid-y ha

Instagrammed pies

Mini pecan pies all individually wrapped.  I tried to make a fun shape with them all haha

No comments:

Post a Comment