Monday, October 13, 2014

Brunch at Calle Ocho in NYC

Had a ladies brunch at Calle Ocho and the place did not disappoint.  Debbie and I both got Ropa Vieja so I only took one pic, and Pooja got Pollo Ranchero.  Sejal got a vegetarian benedict but I didn't take pics since I took pics of Dan's meaty version last time.  I restrained myself w/the bread but found it still pretty tough to get through all of my food, which was likely because of the sangria.  The food was good but I definitely think there are other obvious draws to coming here - aka bread and aycd.

Ropa Vieja con Huevos - Ropa Vieja Hash, Fried Egg, Avocado, Crispy Sweet Potatoes.  The meat was pretty thick and a little bit tough to get through.  Egg on everything makes everything better though, as does avocado

Pollo Ranchero - Grilled Marinated Breast of Chicken, Caramelized Peppers, Cabralese Cheese, Bacon , Chipoltle Mayo, Cuban Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment