Monday, September 3, 2012

Restaurant Week Dinner at Colicchio & Sons in NYC

NY almost always extends Restaurant Week, and this summer was no different.  Dan and I went to Colicchio & Sons in Chelsea a few nights ago and have to say, overall I was a little disappointed by the food.  Part of it was probably that I have just been exhausted from work and I don't think I was in the best mindset upon going there, but the food too wasn't as amazing as I thought, especially having been to Craftbar and having such a great experience there.  I thought perhaps it was because it was RW and places sometimes give you less great food, but we go to order off the regular menu.  So I dunno what happened.  It was just kind of forgettable. 

Bread and Butter

House-made Mozzarella cheese w/cherry tomato panzanella - very tasty but skimpy on the cheese :(

Chilled Sweet Corn Soup w/grilled kernels & truffle vinaigrette - possibly the best thing I ate that night

Roasted Hanger Steak w/Potato Puree, Spigarello & Bone Marrow Butter - pretty tasty but not the best or most memorable steak I've had

Crispy Pork Belly w/Succotash and Pickled Okra - the biggest disappointment of all.  The pork belly was NOT crispy and had the consistency that reminded me of tuna fish. Maybe b/c I'm Filipino I expected some super succulent and fatty but meaty piece of pork.  It was not like that at all.  The entire dish had a very sour taste.  Boo.

Warm Chocolate Souffle Cake w/smoked peanuts and blueberry sherbet.  A nice combo and the peanuts were a great addition.  I wanna learn how to make a souffle!

Zeppole w/vanilla ice cream and hot fudge. Def better than my dinner but still not as good as say the doughnuts at Stanton Social/Beauty & Essex

No comments:

Post a Comment