Friday, October 26, 2012

Dim Sum at Nom Wah Tea Parlor in NYC

The 'rents, Dan and I went to Chinatown for Dan's first ever dim sum experience.  I hadn't been to Chinatown in yearss but the trip inspired me to go back more often.  The place was not the traditional Hong Kong style with carts, but there was a menu and a little order form by number, which was probably better because there were descriptions of what everything was for those not so familiar with the process ha.  We got sooo much food though and had tons of leftovers.  I def think, in my limited experience, that this was the best dim sum I've ever had, but I def wanna try more places on my Dad's list.

Pork Sui Mai - minced pork, mushrooms, and shrimp steamed in a wonton wrapper.  My absolute FAVORITE.  All Asian restaurants I've gone to that have it on the menu pale in comparison.  HUGE dumplings and only $3.50.

Shrimp Sui Mai - minced shrimp steamed in a wonton wrapper topped with a single pea.  $3.50.

A special of salt and pepper short ribs.  Veryyy peppery.  More price comparatively.  I think either $12 or $12.50.  It was tasty but not as good as Korean short ribs.  Prob wouldn't order it again.

The short ribs plus two orders of the House Special Roast Pork Bun - steamed wheat flour bun filled with pork and caramelized onions.  They were giant and each only $1.50.  I ate one another day for lunch.

Shrimp and Bacon Rolll - minced shrimp wrapped with bacon.  Deep fried and insanely filling.  $3.50.

Shrimp Dumpling - minced shrimp in handmade wheat wrapper

House Special Dumpling in soup - pork and shrimp dumplings in chicken broth and vegetables.  This was super delicious and a meal in itself.  $5.25.

Chinese greens with oyster sauce - LOVE and made me feel mildly healthy ha.  $7.95

Shanghainese Style Soup Bun - pork filled dumpling filled with broth.  $3.50.  These were SO delicious, perhaps the best soup dumplings I've ever had.  They came at the very end though when I was super stuffed so I could only eat one.

No comments:

Post a Comment