Sunday, July 19, 2015

Dinner at Sweet Chick in NYC

Dan and I went to Sweet Chick on the Lower East Side for the best chicken and waffles I've ever had.  Seriously.  They have so many varieties and I loved the different butters that come along with.  I definitely need to come back because lots of other flavors that I would like to try.
Fried Green Tomatoes - the only mediocre thing we ate

Three kinds of complimentary butter - berry, lemon honey, and herb.  I am in LOVE with the lemon honey.  That plus the hot honey on my waffles was mouthwateringly delicious. 

Duck Confit with foie gras sauce and dried cherry waffle  Incredible as well  The duck was so well cooked and the slight cherry taste was perfectly complimentary

Mike's Hot Honey Chicken and Waffles - the hot honey was incredible.  I got rosemary mushroom waffles.  The mushroom was hard to detect but the rosemary added a perfect herby compliment to the hot chicken.  The sauce was on the side and I forgot to take a picture with it on the chicken but it is necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment