Sunday, August 4, 2013

Dinner at White Star Bar in Jersey City, NJ

Finally went to White Star Bar with Laura, and I must announce immediately that she was 200% right and they have the best burger in JC.  Damnit for only going a month before I am no longer a JC resident!  I read that they only use Pat La Freida meat which explains why the burger itself is so tender.  Also had some awesome  chips with guac and chipotle ancho salsa.  The salsa was the better of the dips.  Nice mild spice but thick and not not too watery.   The star of the show had to be Dan's fried chicken sandwich.  It was likely the best fried chicken sandwich I've ever had.  And I loveee me some chicken haha.  Just perfectly fried and high quality chicken.  Plus the slaw and sauce added a nice kick.  Will definitely have to come back, esp. for brunch.

My White Star burger with blue cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato.  Plus some awesome crispy gourmet McD-esque fries. My burger was so juicy and tender.  Only neg was that the blue cheese was a little too blue ha.  I prefer my blue cheese more creamy and less funky

Breaded fried chicken sandwich with serrano slaw and chipotle aioli.  BOMB.com. 

Laura's grouper sandwich and fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment