Sunday, August 4, 2013

Lunch at Keste in NYC

Some recent awesome foodie finds, including Keste in NYC.  As of now it's the best pizza I've ever had.  Tops Razza by a smidge.  Razza overall has better other dishes, plus amazing drinks and the environment is cooler.  And it's a hop skip and a jump from my current home.  But the pizza at Keste was like no other I've ever had.  The crust was perfectly thin but also enough doughiness.  Cheese was obvi freshly home-made and my toppings were no joke.  Ahhh if only this place were closer!  But then I would be 200 pounds so I guess it's okay.

Diavola - tomato sauce, homemade mozzarella, hot soppressata, basil, extra virgin olive oil.  Wasn't very spicy but everything tasted wonderful together

The Keste - tomato sauce, imported buffalo mozzarella, prosciutto di parma, arugula, gran cru, extra virgin olive oil.  Def the ideal HP pizza combo.  The prosciutto was soo thick and the two cheeses and arugula just made it the perfect pairing.  New knowledge of the day - gran cru is a type of cheese like parmigiano reggiano.  You're welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment