Thursday, October 24, 2013

Dinner at Brick Lane Curry House in NYC

I took Elena for a belated birthday dinner at Brick Lane Curry House because she wanted to eat Indian food.  This place was recommended from friends, and overall it was pretty great though a little pricy, but I guess for NYC that's not surprising.  The whole dinner made me miss living in Jersey City as there is so much great and inexpensive Indian food there.  I guess it's only one train stop away though.
Complimentary papadum with three sauces.  Love the bottom purpl-y one

Aloo Samosa with potatoes and peas.  Can't go wrong with something fried

Garlic Naan - yum obvi.   My lamb bhuna.  The waiter made me worried about the spice level of the Lamb Vindaloo so he suggested that and instead and I tried it but wan't spicy at all!  It was tasty but sauce was a little thicker than I would like.  It tasted more stew-y

Elena's chicken tikka masala - pretty good

Side of basmati rice

No comments:

Post a Comment