Thursday, October 24, 2013

Dinner at Park & Sixth Gastropub in Jersey City, NJ

Park & Sixth opened up a new location - a gastropub where York Street Tavern used to be.  Wowww what a great place!  It had only been open for two days when Dan and I went there but I cannot say anything bad about the experience.  It's much more high-end food-wise than original P&S. I  mean I love original P&S but that place was totally comfort food and only recently was it trying to be more fancy with some of the small plates, but you don't go there wanting to spend a lot of money.  This place is more expensive but still reasonable and def better priced than NYC.  But all the food is still comforting but more creative than just sandwiches.  Service was great and the beverage selection was vast.  The decor was fun too; kind of quirky but very warm.  Only negative?  A little dark inside but that's barely a consideration when you think of all the great things.  So many things on the menu I want to try too.  Exciting to come back to the old 'hood.

Dry Aged Wagyu Beef Burger with caramelized onions and American cheese, plus fries.  Amazing meat!

Tuna Tartare with cucumber, tomato, fried basil, garlic chips, srirachi yogurrt, avocado wasabi mousse.  Everything about this was awesome.  I realized after that 3/4 dishes had fried components but the tartare seemed to lighten up the whole meal so I didn't feel gross

Tater Torts - cheddar, garlic, and some spicy (sriracha?) ketchup.  Tater tots was a misnomer.  This was basically a round croquette and the inside was totally mushy and croquette-like.  Tasty but I missed the crunchy friedness of traditional tots.  That dip was amazing with the french fries though!

Spring rolls with rock shrimp, andouille sausage and a roasted red pepper sauce.  Pretty tasty too but I think i prefer their Philly Cheesesteak spring rolls from original P&S

View of half my  burger.  Such quality meat!

No comments:

Post a Comment