Sunday, November 3, 2013

Dinner at Park & Sixth Gastropub in Jersey City, NJ, part 2

Second trip to P&SG with Tracy and Kavita to belatedly celebrate Tracy's birthday.  While the service was just as good, the food overall was slightly less awesome.  Don't get me wrong; it was still generally good, but some of our choices didn't amaze me as much as earlier. I know they are still fine-tuning all their dishes though.  Pretty sure the Head Chef came to our table to talk to us.  The wings were amazing and mac-and-cheese was great.  The cauliflower was also pretty tasty but a little too cumin-y for me.  The ceviche was ehhh; the citrus flavors overwhelmed the fish and I didn't like how it was sliced.  The risotto was not good, not bad.  Def needed some more seasoning.  I still think though overall it's a great menu and there are still even more dishes I'm wanting to try.

Gooey Brie Mac-n-Cheese - Pecorino Romano, Truffled Panko

Ceviche - Scottish Salmon, Pico de Gallo, Tomatillo - look at the inordinate amount of liquid.  Drowned the salmon

Roasted Curry Cauliflower - cherry tomatoes, garlic, corn, hot cherry peppers, toasted pepitas

Park & Sixth Wings - Thai Curry Honey and crushed pistachio.  AWESOME.  I realize I didn't even try the dip because it was so deliciously sweet and savory on its own

Risotto - shitake and leek confit, charred portabello, thyme, pecorino romano, mushroom stock.  Not so memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment