Sunday, August 10, 2014

Dinner at The Counter in Clifton, NJ

Dan and I went to The Counter to try a new burger joint where you can custom build your burger, in addition to ordering a pre-set burger.  They also have gluten-free buns, and even more amazingly, unlimited sauces.  The inside was surprisingly large and very similar to Chipotle in my mind - lots of metal and kind of sterile yet modern.  For the build-your-own burger there are sooo many options, it may seem overwhelming.  But fortunately they have checklists so you don't have to worry about someone writing it down wrong.  Despite what the checklists say, extra sauce is free.  I def would like to come back to try other combos.  I didn't wanna get TOO carried away. 
Half & half - fries and sweet potato fries with accompanying horseradish sauce.  The fries were super thing but perfectly crisp and salted.  Like an elevated McDonald's fry ha.  The sweet potato fries were a little thicker but perfect amount of sweet and salty.  I also really liked the sauce even though I didn't think I liked horseradish

Dan's burger with american cheese, kale, spicy pickles, fresh jalapenos, and fried egg on a gluten-free bun.  With smoky chipotle aioli and roasted garlic aioli

My burger with cheddar, kale, jicama, pickled carrot and daikon with roasted garlic and sweet sriracha.  Great balance of flavors and almost felt healthy w/my toppings

View of my veggies.  All such unique choices for a burger joint

All the sauces!  We were good and only ordered two each but there are so many more I wanna try

No comments:

Post a Comment