Saturday, January 10, 2015

Dim Sum Brunch at China Gourmet in West Orange, NJ

Dan and I met my parents for dim sum in West Orange.  This place was about a 10-15 minute drive away, which is pretty awesome.  Not the best dim sum I've had, but pretty solid.  Comparable prices to Chinatown,  if not a little cheaper, and things move pretty quickly.  They did have real carts, which I always prefer.  Definitely good to know there's a place so close when I'm craving dim sum.
Assortment of dim sum - pork buns, shrimp in rice wrapper, and some dumpling

Bok choy

Shrimp dumpling and shrimp shu mai

Shrimp in bean curd

Lots of pork shu mai

Noodle soup - sadly pretty bland.  But the only thing I would seriously complain about

Peking style pork chops - a childhood fav!  As good as where we used to go in Flushing

No comments:

Post a Comment