Saturday, January 10, 2015

Lunch at Bareburger in New York, NY

I had a childhood reunion lunch at Bareburger in midtown.  There are BBs all over the state and in other states as well.  I love all the different protein concepts and that you could conceivably eat healthy if you want, especially as they focus on organic ingredients.  Elena, Malcolm and I shared some sweet potato croquettes, which were a nice mix of deep friedness and healthy sweet potato.  I shockingly did not order a burger, but got a salad instead.  Don't worry though, any healthiness was outweighed by the buttermilk fried chicken tenders I got on top haha.  They were not skimpy - the salad was probably half chicken.  I had enough for a hearty lunch the next day.
Sweet potato croqs with habanero chipotle mayo and stone ground honey mustard.  Nice way to pretend you are being healthy but you are not.

Walnut Ginger Apple Salad - baby spinach, goat cheese crumbles, toasted crushed walnuts, apple wedges, applewood smoked thick cut bacon, honey lemon ginger vinaigrette.  Plus the aforementioned buttermilk fried chicken.  Honestly, the bacon was so hearty that I don't think I needed the additional chicken, but I did enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment