Saturday, January 10, 2015

Dim Sum Brunch at Jing Fong Restaurant in New York, NY

My parents and I went to Jing Fong in Chinatown for dim sum, after our failed attempt several months when we ended up going to Oriental Garden instead.  This place was massive, and from what I've read very similar to places in China.  Fortunately my parents got there ahead so when I arrived we were seated immediately.  We had to share a table with some random couple, but that was fine.  There was a little bit of a chase-the-carts-around going on to get what we wanted (shu mai), but well worth it and not too much of a hassle.  Everything was delicious and this was definitely among my fav dim sum places.  Not the most stress-free experience, but definitely worth a return trip.
Steamped dumplings with veggies and shrimp.  Delish

They claimed this was pork but doesn't it look like short ribs?  Regardless, this was perfection.  My fav thing and such a big plate.  Perfect mix of sweet and savory, with a little more sweetness.  The veggies were a nice fresh addition too.

Nori wrapped shrimp.    Nice use of the deep fryer

Some kind of beef dumpling.  Not so appetizing looking.  It was okay; probably my least fav thing.

Shrimp in rice wrapper.  One of my fav things to eat.  Well done but hard to eat with their chopsticks.

Deep fried dumplings.  Excellent.

Giant plate of bok choy.  Also excellent.

Some tofu soup thing that I guess is similar to something they eat in the Philippines.  My mom ate almost all of it.  It was mildly sweet but mostly textural.

Congee.  I actually didn't taste this but my dad enjoyed it.

Steamed shrimp dumplings.  No complaints.

The elusive shrimp shu mai.  The best but we only found it at the end when we were all really full.  It was great later though.

No comments:

Post a Comment