Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dinner Specials at Brownstone Diner in Jersey City, NJ

Brownstown Diner in Jersey City is just a 5 minute walk from me.  Super convenient when I don't wanna cook and want to eat lots of different things.  I finally tried the Greek Moussaka, which Guy Fieri on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" showed when he did a feature on Brownstone.  This layered behemoth has sliced potatoes on the bottom, topped with breaded eggplant, lamb, parmesan cheese, bechamel sauce, and topped with marinara sauce.  It was described on the show as a Greek lasagna.  Even though I REALLY don't like eggplant, it was surrounded by so much yumminess that I didn't mind it.  Plus it was breaded, so I guess it kind of masked the eggplant texture that I hate.  The salad was good but a little overdressed.



Dan got calamari fritti diavolo.  The sauce had a nice kick to it, as most of their pasta sauces do.  Both dishes are solid specials at the Diner.  You also get soup and a house dessert with it, all for under $14. YUMMM.

No comments:

Post a Comment