Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dinner at Hill Country in NYC

I already have two posts on Hill Country in NYC.  Also this pic doesn't do justice to all the meaty goodness, but I just have two things to say.  One- the best side ever is white shoepeg corn pudding.  I don't know why it's called that, but it's f-ing AMAZING.  Not too sweet and has wonderful chunks of corn kernels plus whatever else they mix in.  Maybe cornbread?  Who knows but everyone loved it and wished we had ordered a bigger side.  Also lean brisket is def not as good as the moist brisket.  Perhaps that's obvious but I would spring the extra $2. Dan and his friends and I indulged in a ridic feast of beef ribs, pork ribs, moist brisket and beef shoulder.  All the meats were amazing and I enjoyed the beef shoulder (very prime rib like) and moist brisket.  Also discovered the new side, which I would come back for on its own.  It's that good.   I made a corn pudding courtesy of Paula Deen a few months ago, which was tasty but not at all comparable to this.

(L to R clockwise) white shoepeg corn pudding, beef shoulder, beef ribs, sweet potato bourbon mash, mac and cheese, corn bread and ancho honey butter, pork ribs, brisket, and more corn bread

No comments:

Post a Comment