Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dinner at Rustique Pizza in Jersey City, NJ

I was craving brick-oven pizza so Dan and I decided to go to Rustique in JC.  It has pretty good reviews on Yelp, with many people calling it the best brick-oven pizza in the area.  Spoiler alert - it's not ha.  Razza def beats Rustique in both of our opinions, though perhaps we were a little clouded by the disparate service.  The restaurant was oddly hard for us to find.  We entered in the take-out area and didn't realize immediately that there was an actual restaurant/seating area in the back.  Nor did they tell us til I started exploring awkwardly backwards.  The waiter also wasn't very attentive or friendly, and it took about thirty minutes for our food to come.  I realize everything was made from scratch but does pizza really take that long?  At Razza our food came pretty quickly and service was just wonderful.  I enjoyed both of the pizzas we got, and we had a lot leftover, but it was def not even close to the best pizza I've had.  The crust was kinda burned and not that fluffy - more thick and doughy.  Also the meats on Dan's pizza were wayyy too salty.  My meat was nearly non-existant on my pizza.  Oh well.  At least we tried it.  The sandwiches are allegedly better than the pizza, so I'd prob try that but take-out only.  I don't know if I'd wanna sit there again.  It is BYOB but apparently no places to go that nearby.

The Frank - soppresata, prosciutto di parma and capicola.  This is the SMALL size btw haha

The Proscuitto di parma - proscuitto, arugula, mozzarella, roasted garlic oil and shaved parmesan.  Loved the garlic and cheese but the meat was hard to find

Proof of meat but had to dig to get that pic

No comments:

Post a Comment