Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dinner from Rasoi in Jersey City, NJ

I have been meaning to try Rasoi in Jersey City for quite awhile, but we always end up ordering from/going to Taj Mahal instead.  I guess because it's closer, but I wonder if it actually is.  Anyway, the Yelp reviews on Rasoi are all soooo positive, calling it the best Indian food in NYC area, with the best lunch buffet, and best lots of particular dishes.  It's a little more expensive than Taj Mahal and other places in the area, but in my humble opinion it's definitely worth it.  Not that I am by any means an expert on Indian food, but everything was DELICIOUS and had a kick.  I ordered the main dishes medium spice and they did not disappoint, but it wasn't so bad that I couldn't enjoy my food.  I definitely want to try their lunch buffet sometime on a weekend.   P.S. Sorry these aren't the classiest pictures.  We figured it would get messy so we used the styrofoam places they provided so we had less to clean haha

Samosa Choley - crispy deep-fried vegetable patties stuffed with potatoes and green peas, served with sauteed chick peas.  Served with three sauces - some red onion-y, some spicy green one pictured, and a purple one that is kind of sweet and my fav, on the far right.

(L to R) Aloo Mutter - potatoes and green peas in medium sauce, naan, and chicken tikka masala - tandoori chicken cooked in spicy tomato sauce.  Also had peppers in it.  Best chicken tikka masala I think I've had

No comments:

Post a Comment