Monday, April 29, 2013

Dinner at Taqueria in Jersey City, NJ

Taqueria finally re-opened post-Sandy a few weeks ago, and since it's re-opening there has always been a ridic long line to get in.  Dan and I were fortunate enough to get in with no wait.  I think overall that the new changes make things a lot better - namely the wait service versus ordering at the counter then sitting down.  I like the expansion of the menu and am excited to try some other new dishes that I didn't get to.  The only negative was the guacamole - very onion-y and no other flavor it seems besides onion and avocado.  Where were the tomatoes?  Cilantro?  Jalapenos?  Not worth the $7/8, but yay for complimentary chips and salsa. 

Complimentary chips (a little salty) + overpriced guacamole

Fish taco on left, steak on right.  Dan's order and both were as good as he remembered.

Dan's Barbacoa (lamb) taco.  Delicious as usual.
 
Beef flank taco on left (one of the new ones!)  Super tasty, tender beef.  A little fatty but nothing I couldn't eat.  I liked having beef that didn't make me need to chug a glass of water (a.k.a. Steak is too spicy for HP!).  Carnitas on right.  Old reliable haha

My chorizo taco - one of my favs.  Love the sausage and cheese combo

No comments:

Post a Comment