Saturday, February 9, 2013

Brunch at ABC Kitchen in NYC

Pooja, Debbie, Sejal and I went to ABC Kitchen for girls' brunch.  For some reason this time service was pretty lackluster.  Took almost 30 minutes for our table to set and for us to get seated.  And once we were seated it took awhile for food/drinks to get ordered and arrive, and even longer for the check.  The food overall though was excellent and somewhat made up for the ehh service.  We shared the maple bacon biscuits and the doughnuts.  Both were delish.  Everyone also seemed to really like their entrees.  My turkey sandwich was great.  The bread had a nice crunch and the herbed mayo wasn't too overpowering or gross, esp. considering I don't like mayo.  The bacon was a little burnt in parts but otherwise had a nice crunch.  Turkey was also tasty but not that memorable.  I had read such great things about the fries but the pieces were too tiny for my liking and I couldn't taste this alleged garlic.

Seasonal Glazed Doughnuts - lemon glazed on left and chocolate nut on right.  Both were very tasty but not worth $10 in my opinion

My house roasted turkey sandwich, applewood smoked bacon, arugula and jalapenos with fries 

Buttermilk pancakes with lemon curd - I tried this and wowww was it good.  The pancakes were perfectly fluffy and the lemon curd was amazing.  Almost seemed dessert-ish

Eggs Benedict with Flying Pigs Farm Ham with side of potatoes - Pooja said this was amazing, esp. the ham

Ricotta, Cherry Tomatoes and Basil Omelette with side of potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment