Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dinner at Razza Pizza Artigianale in Jersey City, NJ

Dan and I finally tried out Razza Pizza in JC, where Bar Majestic used to be.  I loved the inside of the place.  So homey and made great use of the space that used to be one big empty blahh.  The brick oven made the place so nice and toasty.  I'm also pretty sure we met the owner.  Anyway, the food.  Everything we ate was delicious and the portions bigger than I thought.  We shared the kale caesar salad, which was sooo tasty and just the right amount to whet the appetite but not be too filling.  The dressing was perfect richness, croutons crisp, and kale nice and crunchy.  Unsure of it was cooked at all, but anyway, amazing.  The "personal" pizzas were way too big for one person but not quite enough for two.  We shared the farm pie, which was a special that day, as well as Santo.  The farm pie had fresh mozz, brussel sprouts, leeks, bacon infused olive oil, and a duck egg in the middle.  I LOVE white pizza and love egg yolks on pizza even more, so a great and smart combo.  The crust was nice and thin.  I wish there had been more oil so I could've dipped it but it was also tasty on its own.  The Santo pizza had marinara sauce, fresh mozz, sausage, shaved onion, and roasted chili oil.  It too was amazingly good.  I normally dislike onions b/c I hate the texture, but do like the flavor.  Everyone should shave their onions and I would eat it ALL the time.  The chili oil was a nice addition.  Not too spicy but just enough to notice.  Also happy that there was meat on this pie.  Both were awesome and probably equal in taste.  Depends on what kind of sauce you feel like I suppose.  Each was $15.  Drinks were also tasty.  Dan got a beer and I got some special tequila drink.  Definitely want to come back and advise everyone else to come here if you don't feel like trekking into NYC for some gourmet pizza.

Kale Caesar Salad - Tuscan kale with home-made Caesar dressing, sourdough croutons and Parmigiano Reggiano

Farm Pie (special) - fress mozz, brussel sprouts, leeks, bacon infused olive oil and duck egg

Santo - marinara sauce, fresh mozz, sausage, shaved onion and roasted chili oil

No comments:

Post a Comment