Sunday, October 4, 2015

Lunch at Xi'an Famous Foods in NYC

Went to Xi'an Famous Foods with Tracy for lunch.  It was crazy crowded - lines out the door to order and lines inside to grab a seat.  Fortunately despite the chaoticness we were able to grab seats together and eat our food with enough time that I didn't feel rushed. The food definitely has serious spice.  I got through my spicy lamb cumin noodles but towards the end was feeling it.  There was LOT of chili oil and my main critique was the amount of oil they appeared to use.  But the noodles were delicious and obviously fresh.  Would love to come back; maybe to a larger location since there are several around.
N1 Spicy Cumin Lamb Hand-ripped Noodles - excellent noodles though they were so long and I had no knife.  Lamb was tasty and very tender

A2 Stir Fried Cold-Skin Noodles - Tracy got this.  The protein was gluten I think?  Interesting but I def prefer meat ha

Spicy Cucumber Salad - not spicy to me but love the flavor and was a great way to cool off my mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment