Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Dinner at The Pit in Raleigh, NC

Went to North Carolina to visit my brother and his family.  We made a reservation the Pit, which is always on the various food shows as some of the best bbq in North Carolina.  I don't love NC style bbq, which is very vinegar heavy and not sweet at all.  I deliberately ordered brisket to avoid getting the vinegar sauce.  The food was good but not great.  I've definitely had better brisket up north, and my brussell sprouts were mushy and seemed like they were sitting somewhere for awhile.  A little bit disappointing but at least we got to try it.
Complimentary biscuits and hush puppies.  I LOVED the hush puppies.  Great sweet and savory taste and even tasted good later

Fried chicken and chopped bbq with potato salad

Brisket and pulled pork with mac and cheese and brussel sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment