Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Dinner at Tupelo Honey in Raleigh, NC

Dan and I met up with Julie and Daniel for dinner at Tupelo Honey, a super cute Southern restaurant in a really cute, shopping-center area of Raleigh.  The food was great as were the drinks, and it was so nice to catch up.  I also am always amazed how decently priced things are when not in the NYC area.
Complimentary biscuits and jam

My beautiful and tasty lavender drink

Fried Green Tomatoes - basil, goat cheese grits, roasted red pepper coulis.  Nicely fried but I was wishing the grits tasted more cheesy

I got the Sweet-Tea Roasted Chicken - 18-hour sweet tea brined half-bird with honey lacquer.  I LOVED this.  So unique having the chicken marinated in sweet tea and still had great savoryness

Dan got the Pimento & Fried Pickle Burger - creekstone all-natural pasture raised beef, pimento cheese, fried house-made pickles.  Definitely aggressive

No comments:

Post a Comment