Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Lunch at Rumba Cubana in Jersey City, NJ

Dan and I went to Rumba Cubana for a late lunch and had an incredible meal.  The food was soo delicious and inexpensive, and the drinks, although unlabeled on the menu, were also inexpensive and very tasty.  I definitely would come back, for brunch, for dinner, for whatever.  I'm still so amazed by how cheap it was considering how much food it was.  We had leftovers for more than two more meals.  I highly recommend people go here before they realize how expensive things should actually be.
Complimentary crackers with dip.  Not sure what was in the dip but I really liked it

One side of the menu so you can see how inexpensive the food is

Papa Hemingway Daiquiri (L) - $7.95
Passionfruit Sangria (R) - $7.95

Ceviche de Pescado - $6.95  Sooo much fish, large pieces, and the marinade was just the right level of acidic.  I only wish we had gotten more plantain chips 

Chicharrones de puerco - $3.95!  Sooo much delicious pork goodness


Dan got mofongo with ropa vieja - $7.95, which he ate for three meals total

El Revolico sandwich - $7.95, churrasco steak, fried sweet plaintains, swiss cheese on pressed cuban bread. SO SO good. I  could only eat one third at lunch because I was stuffed from the other food
with side of maduros $2

Inside of my sandwich.  Perfect combo of meat, cheese, and plaintains
still in shock by how cheap this was

No comments:

Post a Comment