Thursday, January 3, 2013

Brunch at Amelia's Bistro in Jersey City, NJ

Well another lovely snowstorm delayed plans to go to brunch in the city, so Dan and I instead went to Amelia's Bistro in JC.  Fortunately the food was delicious and service super fast this time.  When we've gone during nice weather and sat outside, service has ranged from good to so terrible Dan complained to the manager with my parents there.  This time though everything came out quickly and it all just hit the spot. 
Complimentary basket of mini muffins - blueberry and corn.  Normally I detest fruit in things, but the blueberry muffins were actually nice with the jam.  Corn is fabulous on its own.

Eggs Benedict with potato hash.  Dan got this and said it was pretty damn good.  Def better than Beechwood.  I tried some and thought it was tasty and not too salty, but I think I generally find it hard to eat too much of any Eggs Benny dish because I find the sauce so rich.

Farm House Skillet - my go to!  Pan fried potatoes, onion, bacon, tomato, spinach and cheddar topped with two fried eggs, and side of baguette.  THE BEST BREAKFAST EVER. 

I moved the eggs so you could get a better look.  Cooking everything together makes every bite unbelievably tasty with a mix of different things each time.  Had a good amount of oil but wasn't too much.  I usually get the eggs scrambled but felt yoke-y

No comments:

Post a Comment