Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dinner at BaoHaus in NYC

Nicole and I went to BaoHaus in the East Village/Gramercy.  The restaurant is TEENY TINY but fortunately it wasn't crowded.  I was a little full still from lunch so I don't think I was really that hungry.  The food was good but I imagine not the best bao in NYC.  I think I liked the Haus Bao the most - beef cheek, followed by the Chairman Bao (pork belly) then the Birdhaus Bao (fried chicken).  The beef and pork belly were definitely flavorful but the pork belly was a little fatty (duh) and smaller.  The fried chicken was pretty big and overflowed from the bun but there wasn't much other flavors.  The taro fries were tasty and the sauce was spicyyy.  But I was so full I don't think we really needed to share it ha.


Birdhaus Bao - fried chicken with cilantro, Haus seasoning salt, crushed peanuts, and Taiwanese red sugar



Haus Bao - beef cheek with rushed peanut, cilantro, Haus Relish, and Taiwanese red sugar


Chairman Bao on the left - berkshire pork belly, crushed peanut, cilantro, Haus relish, and Taiwanese red sugar
Haus Bao on the right


Taro fries served with Haus sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment