Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lunch at Sandpiper Seafood Restaurant in Fayetteville, NC

The fam went to North Carolina to visit my brother, his wife, and kiddies.  I had requested in advance some NC barbecue, as I had never been there before and wanted to see what the fuss was all about.  We went to the Sandpiper, which was buffet-style.  There was lots of seafood and a few bbq dishes.  Not a ton, but still a good representation of what the food was like.  Lots of fried dishes, lots of veggies that lacked seasoning and bright colors.  But at least they had veggie options, right?  Anyway, I'll probably miss some of the dishes on these plates, but here's a glimpse of some of the buffet options.

My plate #1 (from L to R clockwise) fried chicken (that was the smallest size I could find btw), mac and cheese, spaghetti, fried clams, bbq brisket, fried fish of some sort, and fried okra.  All the fried things were great.  Hard to mess that up.  The bbq brisket was actually really tender considering it was sitting under a heat lamp for god knows how long.  The mac and spaghetti were also both solid, though not the best HP has eaten.

Mom's plate #1: bbq chicken, some mysterious thing above it, broccoli, and fried shrimp

My plate #2: bbq chicken, broccoli, corn, biscuit with honey spread, bbq pork, bbq beans, bbq meatloaf, more brisket, and some greens.  All the bbq stuff was pretty tasty, though the brisket and pork were the best.  The greens were very bitter, and the corn was syrupy sweet.  I guess the veggie to meat balance wasn't so good ha.  The biscuit was nice and fluffy though.

Mom's plate #2: carrot, hush puppy, cornbread, fried shrimp, fried okra, fish

Dessert! I found apple crisp, so of course had to make it a la mode.  Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment