Thursday, January 17, 2013

Home-made Miso maple-glazed salmon, kale, and brown rice with quinoa

More healthy food Asian-style.  The first time I went to Sushi Samba I had the most amazing miso-glazed chilean sea bass.  Some of the amazingness was the sea bass itself - super flaky and meaty and melted in your mouth like butter.  The other part of the amazingness was the miso glaze, which I had never had.  I went back to Sushi Samba with another friend and had the sea bass plus miso glazed eggplant.  Now everyone who knows HP knows eggplant is on the list of foods that I dislike.  But the miso made it edible and actually tasty!  So finally I bought a package of miso paste last night and found a good recipe for salmon including sriracha and maple syrup, among other ingredients.  I sauteed the salmon on the cast iron skillet for a few minutes because that's what the recipe called for, but I realized this salmon had no skin to crisp so I probably didn't need to do that.  Then I just broiled it for about 10 minutes and it came out amazingly delicious, but the skillet looked messy with the excess glaze having kind of burned/hardened.  Oh well.  Nothing a little water and scrubbing can't fix.  Dan made the kale, and I made the brown rice w/quinoa from scratch on the stove.  Next time though I plan to use the rice cooker. 



No comments:

Post a Comment