Sunday, June 29, 2014

Dinner from Tres Carnes in New York, NY

I brought home dinner from Tres Carnes in NYC because I was in that area, and had always wanted to try what looked like a Tex-Mex bbq version of Chipotle.  Everything was delicious and tasted like a more bbq-oriented version of what I'd order at Chipotle.  It was also a little more expensive but worth it for what you got.  There was much seating space at the restaurant so I'm glad I took it to go.  Would definitely recommend for a quick, inexpensive meal if you are around Chelsea.
Dan's Bowl - smoked brisket with green poblano rice (cilantro, poblanos, and green onions), black beans, crema, and hot salsa

My bowl - smoked brisket w/Mexican sweet rice (sweet bell peppers and onions, pinto beans, cotija cheese, radishes, and mild salsa.  The brisket was so thick and well cooked.  Great flavor and charring and a large portion

Side of my fav - esquites - roasted corn, smoky lime mayo and cilantro

My bowl all mixed up plus with the corn

No comments:

Post a Comment