Sunday, June 29, 2014

Lunch at Tick Tock Diner in Clifton, NJ

My parents, Dan and I went to eat at Tick Tock because my parents wanted to swing by TJ's.  Fortunately we got seated rather quickly but it was crowded since it was prime brunch time.  I tried something new this time and was pleasantly surprised.  Also it was one of the few times I finished an entire large salad, though Dan gave me some help.  Proof that you can order healthy at a diner haha.

My dad's Cobb Salad - with grilled chicken, iceberg lettuce, bacon, avocado, blue cheese, tomato, cucumber and hard boiled egg.  Very hearty portion and everything looked nice and fresh

My Nicoise Salmon Salad - seared salmon, mesclun greens, cherry tomatoes, green beans, potatoes, capers and balsamic.  I asked for it w/no olives, which they did, but they forgot the anchovies :(  It was still delicious though and I felt good after eating, which is unusual haha

Dan got the Route 3 Traffic Jam - 2 potato pancakes, 2 sausage patties, and 2 eggs topped w/melted swiss cheese.  A quality though heart-stopping choice

My mom got the Parmigiano sandwich - breaded chicken cutlet with tomato sauce and melted mozzarella on a baguette w/side of sweet potato fries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment