Thursday, June 11, 2015

Brunch at Burke and Wills in NYC

The reason my brunch at the Mark was so rushed was because I had to head to Burke and Wills for second brunch/book club.  B&W is where the old Sunburnt Calf (RIP) used to be.  It's still Australian but seems a bit classier and trying to be more authentic.  I was pretty full so didn't eat a lot, but the food reheated well.  The waiter was quite friendly and the deals seem good.  If it weren't so far away I'd likely return.
Cavatelli with rainbow carrots, fried egg, and bacon.  That fried egg made it
Bombolini - dulce de leche inside fried dough, cinnamon sugar, and vanilla ice cream.  Can't go wrong with that combo


Pavlova - passion fruit curd, fresh berries, and whipped cream.  We ordered this because it was mentioned in the book.  I don't think anyone loved it.  The bottom base was a meringue, which I don't think most people love.  I also don't love fruit in my dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment