Thursday, June 11, 2015

Dinner at Just Beclaws in Jersey City, NJ

Had a double date at Just Beclaws, a new Vietnamese seafood spot in JC.  Despite being nice and sizeable, we had a somewhat long wait to be seated (30 mins or so), though it was Saturday.  The good thing is that it was BYOB and we were allowed to drink in the hall/waiting area.  So it just felt like being at a bar but much cheaper. I don't know if I could really identify the Vietnamese flavors, but my meal was great overall.  The crab fries alone are definitely worth coming for.  I could literally have eaten the entire thing as my meal but had to share with three other people ha.  The crab fries are not listed on the menu, but of course we all knew about it.  It was poutine-like - crab meat and garlic aioli (fav) over fries, which were well fried.  SO GOOD.  Our sandwiches were good but my lobster roll a little too buttery.  The boils Laura and Dannys got looked good but I didn't feel like being messy. I'd like to come back another day for that though.  And to get more crab fries!
My beloved crab fries.  Don't worry, I'll be back

1/2 dozen raw oysters.  I really don't get why people love these so much.  I had one and felt meh about it. Other people seemed to enjoy it

Lobster roll. Pretty small and expensive.  They should've cut down on the butter and knocked off $3 or so


Shrimp roll was excellent! Wonderful crunch on the bread and loved the sauce.

Crawfish boil in just beclaws sauce

Shrimp boil  in just beclaws sauce


No comments:

Post a Comment