Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Lunch at Le Bistrot Paul Bert in Paris, FranceD

We had lunch at another Bourdain rec.  We were worried we couldn't get seated, because it seems really popular and we hadn't made a reservation in advance.  Fortunately we showed up close to when the place opened and they do save some seats for walk-ins.  By the time food started coming out the place started getting packed.  They have a great 3-course pre-fixe deal.  This was probably my second favorite meal of the trip.  Again, I was surprised because coming into the trip I've always loved Spanish food more.  I don't know if it was because the dishes were different than things I'm used to eating but apparently I definitely like French food ha.  Only took 30 years to realize this.  The meal wasn't cheap for lunch but we tried so many delicious things, I definitely think it was worth the pricetag.
My appetizer choice - grilled calamari. Great texture, very tender

Dan's asparagus with cream sauce and parmesan cheese.  Great mix of richness and healthiness 

Dan's entree of veal kidney with pasta.  Wow.  I still couldn't get over the texture but he loved it

My beef cheek stew . Hard to see but it was large

Super tender beef cheeks - the meat just fell apart. Perfectly complimented by pasta shells

Dan's creme caramel. He loved this of course

My grand marnier souffle

I was already full but ate all of this. Perfection. Not too sweet but just right.  Amazingly crisp on the outside but inside nice and creamy

No comments:

Post a Comment