Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Lunch at Nougatine at Jean-Georges in NYC

For my birthday, Dan and I went to Nougatine at Jean-Georges for this ridiculous deal - $38 for three courses every day at lunch Mon-Fri.  Everything was so well-prepared, beautiful to look at, and extremely flavorful.  We ended up spending more than I thought because of drinks, but still a great value.
Great bread and butter

Dan found pappy van winkle!  I forgot what I got, something fruity and delicious

Sweet pea soup with sourdough croutons and parmesan.  Loved the foaminess and the soup was subtle but packed with flavor at the same time

Shrimp salad with avocado, tomato, and champagne vinegar dressing.  This was SOOOO good.  The dressing was light and fresh.  The shrimp was lightly cooked and I always love it paired with avocado.  The salad was actually kind of large; I started feeling full after I finished 

I love teeny things!

Sauteed Black Sea Bass with shitake mushrooms, fiddlehead ferns, and sesame vinaigrette.  Dan got this and this was excellent.  The fish had a great crispy skin and the veggies were all fresh and paired well all together

Mint and Ginger that came with my fish.  Tasted great with both fish dishes

Hake with miso-yuzu glaze and market greens.  The fish was very thick and very meaty, which I liked.  The glaze wasn't as powerful as I'd hoped, and the dish was undersalted.  I'm sad that it wasn't a memorable experience

Green Tea Pavlova with exotic fruit and passion fruit sorbet.  This was definitely a unique dish.  Didn't love it though

Jean-Georges warm chocolate cake with vanilla bean ice cream.  Perfect.  Can't go wrong with this combo

No comments:

Post a Comment