Friday, March 8, 2013

Dinner at the Brownstone Diner in Jersey City, NJ

Whenever I *don't* know what I feel like eating, but have specific types of food that I know I don't want, the diner is the way to go.  So many options, including breakfast or dinner-type dishes.  This time I had a hankering for something sweet and savory, and the Brownstone recently updated their menu.  So what did I get?  Chicken and waffles!  And you know what?  They were the best chicken and waffles I've EVER eaten.  It's pretty hard to screw up a waffle, but I've seen it happen where the waffle wasn't crisp enough, leaving a kind of gummy texture.  This waffle was perfectly cooked, and the fried chicken was soo well seasoned and had perfectly crisp skin but not too greasy.  They also gave me half a chicken ha.  Anyway, if you ever feel like eating this and are in JC, go to the Brownstone.

Half a chicken!

Naked waffle with huge ball of butter

Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment